Sunday, July 17, 2011

Going a bit further back in time

In the previous post, I shared a bit of "recent" dub-step.
Skrillex's Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites was released back in 2010.
Now I will go two years back to 2008 with a popular favorite Deadmau5 and his most played song on Youtube. With 19,208,444 views I present to you:
Deadmau5 - Ghosts and stuff
Please ignore the end of the video. I don't know why there is "random talk".
Deadmau5
Grammy award nominee for "Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical" in 2009 and winner of 3 Juno awards (A music award in Canada); Deadmau5 could be considered one of the first dub-step artists that helped shape and define Dub-step into what it is today.

This soundtrack is a bit older or for better words; one of Dub-step in the earlier years. Given that Ghosts and Stuff is almost three years old; I find it to use more traditional elements of techno and trance. Yet, this is still a great "classic" example of Dub-step in it's earlier years still cranking out some amazing beats!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this track. It isn't too "wompy" and it reminds me of Justice, which is definitely a good thing in my book. I guess I'll have to give in and download some dubstep now...

    ReplyDelete