Sunday, July 24, 2011

#10 Cookie Monsta - Ginger Pubes

Coming in last on my the top 10 list I Present to you Cookie Monsta - Ginger Pubes. Sorry if I sound like pitchfork, but from listening to this song; I can see why it came out on the bottom of the list. The beginning is more of a weird intro rather than a suspenseful intro. Then it goes into a odd beat that you have to "grow into". After listening past the 80 seconds or so; the beat continues to have its weird vibe. At this 80 second mark, either you like this beat or you don't. Its too weird for my taste, but a nice twist around the 2 minute 30 second mark and another towards the end saves this song from receiving a low rating in my opinion. Personally, this song would get a 4.0. I think the song deserves this rating because it took me sometime to like it. After listening to it for about 2-3 times, I think this song is not bad once the taste is acquired. Hence, I shared this song with you all after exposing you to Dubstep in hopes that you could acquire the taste. If you still don't like this track; I don't blame you. Its kinda like acquiring a taste for coffee. I would put this song as the equivalent of black coffee in my metaphor. It might be too strong for listeners. Previously posted sound tracks are the Starbucks of Dubstep. Its sugary goodness thats hard to hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment